After a difficult year, this holiday season is even more heartfelt. As you prepare for the holiday rush, consider some merry flower arrangements. They may just bring the good cheer we all need in 2020.
Here are some of our best holiday flower arrangement ideas to lift customers’ spirits this season.
Can’t-Go-Wrong Holiday Flower Arrangements
Customers adore certain staple holiday flower arrangements. These arrangements may be a part of their traditions and bring comfort during this season. Can’t-go-wrong ideas for arrangements include:
- Filler: Any arrangements with red berries, chestnuts and pinecones are a go. These items can fill up the vase, or be nestled into the arrangement itself.
- Baubles: Certain baubles also give the holiday season a special shine. Popular baubles in arrangements include cotton, frosted branches and wrapping-paper bows. In particular, cotton has become a simple yet elegant bauble to add texture to arrangements.
- Vases: Holiday vases can get quite creative too. Two traditional ones include glass ornaments and planters dressed as present boxes. Modern takes also include mason jars with twine, or a tray with tiny copper and glass vases.
Out-of-the-Box Holiday Flower Arrangements
If you’re hoping to offer something distinctive this season, here are some holiday flower arrangements to spark your imagination.
- Vase cans papered with carols
Instead of a traditional vase or planter, you can paper tin cans. Take old sheet music – such as Christmas carols – and glue this paper around the can for a rustic and lovely look. You can do this with old books too, such as pages from holiday classics like Dickens.
- Underwater red berries with floating candle
Instead of using red berries as a vase filler, they can become the main event. Place berries underwater in a cylinder jar-sized vase and add a floating candle on top. It’s simple and gives color to any room.
- Set of planter boxes that spell JOY
This is a marvelous little idea. Take three wooden planter boxes and make each spell a letter of JOY (or another holiday word). Inside, you can decide what types of flowers to fill them with.
- Orchid with ornament-filled vase
Orchids aren’t traditionally Christmas flowers, but they’re beautiful regardless. You can jazz up an orchid by placing it in a glass vase and filling it with colorful ornaments. It’s easy to prepare – and wonderfully festive.
- Fresh pears added to white arrangements
Fresh fruit is a new trend in flower arrangements. Our favorite is adding green pears to a white arrangement. You can set them among the white blooms for a sweet flair.
- Wreath with brown paper bows, cotton and twine
Finally, you can create an elegant holiday wreath with just a handful of items. With a regular pine wreath with white flowers, you can add brown paper bows, cotton and twine for a sophisticated southern look.
Special Arrangements for COVID This Season
Now that you’re ready to make gorgeous flower arrangements this season, remember to prepare for COVID too. Contactless delivery is a must to keep your employees and customers safe. You might also consider a text message system to notify customers when an arrangement is available on their doorstep.
Some floral shops are also doing community donations. With these give-back initiatives, customers can buy flowers and donate them to their favorite businesses, places of worship or individuals. It’s a bright idea to give back and get some extra income after a tough year.
With all this holiday flower arrangement inspiration, we hope you have a happy holiday season!